2. Which countries would you like to visit?
We asked some British Council students to tell us what countries they find interesting and which place they would most like to visit. This is what they said.
One thing on my bucket list is to visit Greece. My father-in-law worked there for three years and he had a lot of photos of various places. He used to tell us a story about an island there called Paros and a famous savoury Greek dish called 'Shrimp saganaki'. Moreover, he talked about the scenery, the streets, the tourist spots, the hospitality of the people, their famous 'zorba' dance and what a wonderful time he spent there.
Asmaa
I have my eye on a number of European and East Asian countries, but the one nation I would like to visit the most next is Japan. As a train fan, I especially adore the various shapes and sizes of the trains running across Japan, including the famous Shinkansen, the bullet trains. Their cuisine is also special to me. I've tried it a few times in my country, but I believe those dishes would be much better when tried in Japan itself.
Phan-Anh
I'm so interested in visiting some countries in Asia: China, South Korea, Japan and Vietnam. I especially want to visit China. I'm attracted by a country with a history of over 5,000 years. I really want to experience the atmosphere of the towns and places where many dynasties existed. I'd love to have the chance to see the Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City and the Terracotta Army, to discover the urban dimensions of Shanghai and Beijing, and the flavours of Chinese food. I hope one day to manage to go to this country.
Carmen
I have a serious case of wanderlust. I'm always thinking about travelling to Turkey. It has a lot of magnificent, picturesque and stunning landscapes. As well as being fascinated by awe-inspiring scenery, I love discovering architectural marvels and heritage sites – maybe because my major study was archaeology. Regarding accommodation, I'd prefer to stay in an all-inclusive resort, if money wasn't an issue.
Zeinab
I would like to go to France. I have a friend who's from Paris. He recommended several places to visit in Paris, such as the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum and the Sainte-Chapelle. Moreover, Paris also has various dishes that make me curious to come to this country. However, I have to save a lot of money to go there!
Verry
What about you?
- Which foreign countries do you find particularly interesting?
- If you could visit any country, which one would you visit, and why?
Tell us in the comments!
Connect with other people!
- Go back to Step 1 and find someone who would like to visit your country. Click 'reply' and then write to them and recommend some things to do or see.
- Then find someone who lives in a country you want to visit. Click 'reply' and ask them some questions.
If you want to practise speaking, you can record your answers using SpeakPipe voice recorder and post a link to the recording in your comment.
Go to SpeakPipe voice recorder
* Recordings are kept on a SpeakPipe server. Please don't include any music in your recording.
Hello! About the first question i find very interesting all the Northern European countries, because they have a very good welfare state, high standard of life, open mind and respect for minorities. There's just a big problem: the climate and the darkness that lasts for many months!
At the opposite the country I would most like to visit is Africa, especially the large natural parks in Kenya or Tanzania to do a photografic safari discovering wild flora and fauna.
hello i'm from tunisia and i want to vist all the world like mr.pheals fogg in 'around the world in 80 days'. the world is absolutely huge.It is full of civilizations that have left their mark on all countries, each one distinguished by something special such as its culture, history, impact, and sometimes its technological development.
Well, on my bucket list, I always wanted to visit the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Italy, Greece, and Korea for its delicious food, but also Australia and England for his beautiful architecture. That's ironic because I have never left my country or even my city, but that's okay. In the future, I know I will have the chance to travel all around the world, and the first country I want to visit is Paris, the city of love, then Italy, and so goes on.
I find particular interesting south Korea, and i what visit that countrie, because i love their ladnscape, for me is stunning, their used a lot tecnology and i love that, teh food for me is so interesting, and i love kdramas-kpop, and i want visit the places when was recording kdramas, for me is so beautiful countrie.
I want to visit Turkiye, Japan, Egypt, The Toscana, and others countries because I like the culture of the wine, the history and the infrastructure and understand how are all were constructed, but The Toscana I inspired for me because la wine is a style of life, is very interesting its fabrication and method, is very sophisticated.
I lived in Türkiye and i can help you to get some informations about the tourism in Türkiye
Hello
I'm Menna from Egypt. You must come to Egypt as soon as possible to see the historical sites; it is rich history and culture.
why wait? Come check it out
https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/rndyr6g9topjqd90
My dream since I was kid is to visit Japan, I love Japanese food and since in Brazil we have the most big Japanese population outside of Japan I have tons of Japanese friends as well, when I was 13 years old I started learning taiko (Japanese drummers) and I playing in festivals during 7 years in diferents parts of south Brazil.
I couldn't choose just one foreign country that I find interesting. I like different countries like the United Kingdom, China, Argentina and Austria. All of them have different qualities that make them unique countries. Their culture, past and present make them very interesting.
If I had to choose just one country to visit, I would choose Spain, mainly because of Barcelona and the Catalan culture. I would also like to visit Madrid and Bilbao.
Hi Tomas I live in United Kingdom and I already visit Argentina and Spain as well, I think you will be in love of Spain they have such a nice energy, the food is amazing and everywhere is so beautiful.
Hi, i want to have some informations about spain. Could you help me in order to practice my English. Thank you
I always wanted to visit India, I watched lots of movies and become curious to vist it, and my sister went on honeymoon to south India and she told me it's more amazing and have wonderfule landscapes and tasty food to try.I hope I can go one day.
Hi for everyone, my name is Muse M. Ahmed. I am from Somalia. I want to visit the UAE, the country from zero to the most digitalized country, the country from deser/nothing to the best living and trading country in the world. I am interested in seeing Burj Khalifa, the tallest building on earth.
I'd like to vist many coutries in my lifetime, one of them is China, I'm from Mexico, although is a far from the place I live I want to visit it due to in recent day I've been heard to much about that country and even so I've been seen videos on my phone while scrolling, I think could be an interesting country to visit because of its culture, tradition and the tech in nowadays. If you are from China or have ever been there I appreciate some suggest about this interesting country.
Is there Australian in here? i put Australia in my bucket list to visiting in the future
https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/sbttgb9uebilhpiy
I would like to go to Dubai. For me it is a very interesting place, the architecture, food, culture, everything there for me are very interesting, however is too far from Colombia and also too expensive to go there. Someday for sure I will visit it.
I find Japan particularly interesting because of its unique culture and its ability to balance ancient traditions with modern technology. The country's rich history, beautiful customs, and innovative achievements fascinate me. I have always wanted to learn more about the Japanese language, traditional festivals, and samurai history.
Hi everyone, I would like to visit South Korea, I think, it's an interesting country for me. I would love to spend my time in that country.
Personally, I'd really like to visit many countries in Asia, such as Thailand, Singapore, China, Japan, Vietnam and South Korea. I only know those countries because I binge-watched many series that use them as filming locations. Although I would like to learn Chinese and Japanese to feel more comfortable to entable a good conversation with locals. What's more, the countries I mentioned have pristine beaches with crystal clear water. I'm sure one day my dream will come true.
https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/bsqr5c7rjfpw5kk5.
Hi everyone!!!; I would visit (hope... in 1/2 years) Japan for the beautiful landscapes especially in period like April or May and obviously for their culture!!
Hi there pmeschisi98,
Unfortunately your speak-pipe link doesn't work for me. Would you be able to share it again?
So I'm glad you also left a comment ... I'm guessing you'd like to see the cherry blossom in April and May - I went many moons ago and it was spectacular so I do hope you get to see it some time!
~ Tina ツ
LearnEnglish team
Hi everyone! My name is nasra I'm from Hargeisa, Somaliland.
I have strong desires to visit Italy
it have very interesting place's like:-
Hi Nasra,
Nice to meet you! I'm Afi, and I am from Somalia. I enjoyed reading your post. Italy is a beautiful country, and I agree that Venice, the Amalfi Coast, and Lake Como are amazing places to visit. I hope you get the chance to travel there one day. Best of luck with your studies!
Hi, I'm Rachele and I' m Italian. You are right when saying that in Italy there are lots of stunning places to visit as well as delicious dishes to taste. I'm from Apulia and I can definitely say that there are Amazing places here like Locorotondo, Alberobello, Martina Franca and lots of others.
I'd like to visit all the European capital cities; since I can't generally spend too much time abroad I'd love boarding an airplane for a European capital and spend there a weekend.
I would like to visit Canada sometimes. I have seen videos about this country and I liked them. I would like to visit the Victoria Lake, and as well as major cities like Toronto, Montreal and Quebec.
Hi everybody! My name's Leandro, and I'm from the state of Mato Grosso do Sul (MS) in Brazil.
I like to think of my state as the "Brazilian Texas" because its economy is largely based on agriculture and livestock farming. What I like most about living here is that it's not as crowded as states like São Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, so we don't have major traffic jams or the problems that usually come with very large cities.
Most people here are humble and hardworking. Of course, like anywhere else in the world, there are people who aren't very kind or polite. Even so, I think it's a great place to live.
Hi my name is needa Ali I am from Tajikistan I would like visit Swise and after that Alman because I like very llaw And season
I would like to go in England. They have a attractive culture and people seem most kind and easygoing. There are many famous places I want to visit such as Big Ben , Trafalgar Square or museum.
Hello everyone
I have two dream to realize the fisrt one is to visit austria because this country is very unique and have so many historical town and varied landscapes about the second dream i let him with me one day i told you it :)
I find Italy and Japan very interesting.
If I could visit any country, I would like to visit Japan. I want to see the beautiful nature, old temples, and big cities like Tokyo. I am also interested in Japanese culture, food, and technology. It is a very unique country, and I would like to experience it myself.Italy is amazing,but i've already been there,although i'd like to go there over and over again))))
I find Spain very interesting. It has a rich culture, beautiful architecture, and amazing festivals. I also like Spanish music and food.
I would visit Japan because it is beautiful and interesting. I want to see cherry blossoms and try Japanese food.
https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/xwsyyxr34nuy6415
Hello, i'm Stephane, i'm from France. It's a beautiful country.
I would like to visit Japan because it's an attractive country with great landscapes and rich and unique culture.
Hi Stephane,
Japan is on my bucket list too. For me, as well as the landscapes and culture, one of the main reasons I'd love to visit is to taste authentic Japanese food.
Best wishes,
Jo (LearnEnglish team)
I dream to visit a lot of country. But the most i want to visit a Paris. Amazing streets, museums and vibe are waiting for me. also i wanto to be in Sinhapur, Niderland, Ireland and Scotland. I need to more buatiful picture there
Hi, my name is Alice. I am from Hong Kong. The Old Town of Lijiang is a good place for tourists to visit in China. You can visit all year round. The old streets are the network of the old town, flowing water is the blood. The old town features wide cobbled streets ambling over stone bridges and waterwheel-driven canals filled with huge goldfish and lined with shops, cafes, and bars.You can explore the amazing ancient town with hundreds years’ history. You can also experience the spirit and feel romantic, relaxing charm of the town city walls.
❤❤❤
Which foreign countries do you find particularly interesting?
I find Japan particularly interesting because of its unique culture and the balance between tradition and technology.
Their history, traditions, and modern innovations are really fascinating to me.
I’ve always wanted to learn more about Japanese language, festivals, and samurai culture.
If you could visit any country, which one would you visit, and why?
If I could visit any country, I would choose South Korea.
I’ve always dreamed of going there because of its bright culture, K-pop music, and delicious food.
It would be an amazing experience to see traditional palaces in Seoul, try authentic Korean barbecue, and explore the bright streets of Myeongdong.
I love travelling and getting to know other cultures. I have many places in mind, but I really want to visit Italy and Greece. I would like to visit Rome, Venice, and Florence, try all the gelato and pizza. In Greece, I expect to learn about the history and enjoy the islands and beaches.
I would like visit Italy, I'd like to try the food, especially the gelato I saw this dish in a movie and i'm curious about its flavor and i'm obviously dying to try their pizza.
I want to visit Japan, Korea and Switzerland. Especially Korea and Japan, I have never been there and I want to see the snow and the Sakura flowers.
Hi NawJulia
Japan is an amazing place to visit, I've been there several times, I would love to recommend visiting Osaka, Kyoto, and Nara :D.
❤❤❤
The country that I want to know is United Kingdom because is a country that speak the english that i want to learn and if I could visit and country that will be UK
About the languages for exploring the world, I think so much in what places would you like to visit and explore. I think that Spanish is another essencial language on the occident. But, like me, people can find helpful to learn Italian, to explore my acient long parents country history and also swedish, wich permits you to understand a little bit the others nordic countries, like Norway, Finland and Denmark.
I am from Brazil and would like to visit England, South Korea and Japan.
❤❤❤
I would like to go in England or Canada. They have a attractive culture and people seem most kind and easygoing.
I am from egypt i have a strong desire to travel East Asia :South Korea
And japan , chine to be specifi i to travel to japan i am very impressive how they think and thei invention and i am amazed by there civilization and natural
As i fan of anime and otako i am drowing in love this country , it is one of my dream to study there Tokyo University and I am countin down the days unite it come true